Lake fishing

Blackbeard

I have a monthly lunch with a good friend over the weekend, and he mentioned he recently took a trip to Montana. On the trip he saw a number of beautiful lakes, mountains, and it hooked. He did some fishing while there and it was the most relaxing thing he said he's done in a while. Eager to seek out this relaxation I joined him by first heading to the local Cabela's and buying some fishing tackle along with the appropriate license.

We set out early to go to a large lake about 45 minutes away from us. The relaxation hit, and being in nature took over. It was great to just sit in nature enjoying everything waking up early in the morning as the sun came up. Now we fished for about 5 hours, eventually just swapping crazy adventures we had gotten into, and some he had while he served in the US Navy. We didn't catch any fish, but a turtle was fond of the bait we were serving that morning.

I can easily say I'm addicted, and I can't wait to get back out there myself. It might be time to update my fishing rod - and maybe a more comfortable chair.